DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
Bright Light Marketing is the data controller for Famously Hawick. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Bright Light Marketing complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal customer record management.
• To improve our products and services.
• Bright Light Marketing may also follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, to a client who has requested information relating to Famously Hawick.
• We may also communicate by email or phone about a specific promotion or in response to an enquiry via our website or social media.
• Where permission is obtained or a legitimate interest is evident – we may also send promotional e-mails about information that we think you may find interesting using a valid e-mail address.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Bright Light Marketing adheres to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) guidance in respect of the lawfulness of processing data and includes:
• Article 6 of the GDPR processing - Consent of the data subject, meaning you the Client.
• Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Insurance requirements.
Sharing your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, Bright Light Marketing will only pass on this information, or part of it, if it is absolutely necessary and with your informed consent. Or if we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Bright Light Marketing will keep your personal data for no longer than is reasonably necessary.
Your rights and your personal data: As a subscriber of Famously Hawick, (c/o Bright Light Marketing) we need to inform you about your individual rights that you have with respect to your personal data:
• The right to be informed – How your information is stored and used
• The right of access – A Subject Access Request
• The right to rectification – Correcting any information deemed incorrect
• The right to erasure – Removal from database
• The right to restrict processing – Permission to store but not to process data
• The right to data portability - It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily
• The right to object – Example; processing based on legitimate interests
• Rights to automated decision making – The right NOT to be subject to a decision.
Third Party Links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact
Bright Light Marketing, Ettrick Riverside, Selkirk, TD7 5EB
Telephone: 01750 505052 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.